Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's me, TXsketcher.


Hi, I am Judith Dollar, one of the correspondents here at USK-Texas. I am a native Texan, living just north of Houston. I am a graphic designer and have worked for large printing companies, ad agencies/mkt. firms, and am now self-employed. I've got a lovely husband and teen son, who are very patient with me when I have to stop for a sketch.
I discovered Urban Sketchers a couple of years ago, before the Portland Conference. Wishing I could have attended I made sure to make it to Lisbon this year after stalking the website for the last year. Lisbon was a fantastic experience, so many people just as enamored with sketching as I have come to be.
I have sporadically carried a sketchbook or art supplies with me when I travel, but now it is part of everyday life. Probably the thing appearing in my sketchbook most frequently is my cup of coffee. I tend to draw people more than architecture and struggle with trees. I know that when I look back at my sketchbooks I remember more of the details of place and time than I do with photos. I am looking forward to meeting all the other Texas sketchers some time soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Judith, im a rencently member of Urban Sketcher Spain, living actually in Houston. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Judith!! Can't wait to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judith! It's been a pleasure to get to know you better through USK Texas after our brief introduction in Lisbon...I'm so grateful for all your help and support in getting USK Texas off the boards and on the web!

    ReplyDelete