Monday, February 13, 2012

I was honored to be a speaker at the 2nd International Urban Sketchers Symposium in Lisbon last August. While there my wife Patti, daughter Cassie and I made a day trip by train up the coast to the little resort village of Estoril.  It was a fantastic day for sketching at the beach, experiencing another side of the laid-back culture of coastal Portugal. This 2-page spread in my large Moleskine watercolor sketchbook was originally posted as a black and white line sketch; I only now summoned the time and courage to add color.  I was happily surprised at the result, and think it captures the spirit of the day. Yes, the umbrellas really were that colorful!

2 comments:

  1. No reason to be surprised at the color result, Jim! You have a masterful eye...and touch. Great job! We need Judith to put this one on the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking that myself. Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete