Sunday, May 6, 2012

Update on my March 10th Post.....




I posted the sketch of Broadway Church of Christ on the left back in March( http://urbansketchers-texas.blogspot.com/2012/03/finding-right-view.html )...a quick sketch just to explore composition, value, etc. 

The sketch on the left was done in the studio from the study....I apologize for this one-time violation of  the first imperative of the USK Manifesto(We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation), but I thought it was interesting to see the difference.  I think I prefer the looser and free-er feel of the original study!  My work tends to "lose something" when I labor too hard over it!  

Back to pure location sketching!

4 comments:

  1. I love your sketches.
    This is fabulous, are sketches in detail.
    Congratulations for your good work and have a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, both are great, but I prefer the first one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second one is good for accurate depiction, but I have to agree the lively on location sketch has more personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 2nd one and its good to apologize its makes others to give you more importance.
    Plastic VIP Cards
    Plastic Discount Card

    ReplyDelete