Thursday, June 7, 2012

Texans in South America



Our 3-week sketch/study trip in South America with my old friend Professor Max Conrad and many of the usual suspects begins Saturday.  Patti and I will fly from Fort Worth to Miami, then on to Belo Horizonte in Brazil.  We'll make our way along the southeastern coast through Ocuro Preto, Petropolis, Rio de Janeiro, Paratay, Ilhabela and Sao Paulo.  While in Sao Paulo we will stay with my old friend and fellow LSU lanscape architect Sergio Santana.  Then off to Peru to experience Lima, an ecotourism lodge at the Reserva Amazonica, Machu Picchu and Cuzco before heading back to Texas. My goal is to produce between 40 and 50 watercolors during the trip.
We've visited 36 countries since 1999, but this is our first trip to South America to see what they know. It's overdue, and we're really jazzed.  High adventure indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Send me a photo of you in the process, and a new image from your travels and I'll make a new header.

    ReplyDelete