Saturday, January 19, 2013

SKETCHCRAWL!

We actually had 12 people show up for sketchcrawl in Houston today. I think that's a new record. We met up at the Julia Ideson Library downtown and sketched both inside and out. I've mentioned before what a lovely building it is and it is inspiring to sketch. I showed up rather late, so only got dribs and drabs of the Ideson. After lunch on the way home I tried something new. If you follow the main Urban Sketchers blog, you may have notice a post a few days ago from Shiho Nakaza. She challenged herself to do a sketch every day directly in pen. No pencil or eraser. No fudging. The results are so simple and yet they capture so much! Check it out! So after lunch, on my way home, I tried a little myself.
I think I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment