Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Barcelona Beat

Summer 2012 I was in Spain with my hubby to celebrate our anniversary. We spent 5 days in Barcelona and didn't even scratch the surface of that magnificent city. One night a festival was happening across the city. Stages were set up in the different plazas. While we were at dinner a swing band started up in the plaza where we were. They sounded like they were shipped over from the states. A lively guy was really groovin' it up on the bass and the female singer was belting out the hits, "Hey Mambo" and "Whatever Lola Wants" etc. I talked to the band leader during his break and had him sign a page of my sketch book. They were all from Spain but you couldn't tell it from their singing. This is a collage of 4 of the many pages I scribbled up in the crowd that night.
I can't wait to return for USK this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment