Sunday, March 17, 2013

Old Car Graveyard

I've been driving past this lot full of rusty old cars for years now, but recently began to eye it as a sketching possibility. I think someone once thought they would rescue these classic beauties, but now they've been left too long and I always think of it as the place good cars go to die. Honestly, drawing cars is another area where I need practice, but this place just called to me. A few lines are pretty wonky, but all in all I'm pretty happy with the result. Oh, and I finally broke down and got myself a Lamy Safari, so there's the added advantage of a little practice with the fountain pen.

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is pretty good, my father would appreciate this sketch. He is a classic American car enthusiast, currently owning 4 of these cars. I can't wait to take him to look at some classic used cars in Brownsville TX next weekend for his birthday! He will surely be a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty interesting article and I also think that we can restore the old classic cars in a great way and provide them a great unique and attractive look.
    auto transport quotes

    ReplyDelete