Monday, March 17, 2014

Red Tail landed in my sketchbook.

Spring Break has come and gone. The family and I took a week long road trip to lovely Savannah GA. Why oh why didn't I know about SCAD art school when I was headed off to college so long ago. Savannah is crawling with art students. On our return drive we stopped in Mobile, Alabama at the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park. They have a submarine, which we were able to walk through. I can't imagine living in such close quarters with a large group of people. Thanks Vets!!
While the guys toured the USS Alabama, I took a break to sketch this P-51D Mustang. It is the kind of airplane flown by the Tuskegee Airmen, Red Tail Angels, during WWII.
The grounds of the museum are full of aircraft, tanks, helicopters and many interesting displays. It is enough to fill pages and pages of a sketch book. I was lucky to fill these two.

2 comments:

  1. The plane is great. Hope you got some sketches of the lovely city of Savannah as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love SCAD AND P-51s! Great sketch, Judith!

    ReplyDelete