Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Blue Trees

About six months ago an artist came to Houston and painted the large stand of crepe myrtle at Memorial and Waugh and electric shade of blue. Well "colored" as he puts it. You can read more
about the artist and the project here.

At any given time on a nice day you can now find groups of people hanging out under the crepe myrtle enjoying the view. I don't think I ever noticed anyone except city crews paying attention to them before.  Today was such a lovely fall day, I decided to go down and enjoy them myself.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that when i was running the Buffalo Bayou a few moths ago. Regards Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these on the news and the last time I drove by it was raining and you couldn't see they were blue when they were all wet. Thanks for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete