Friday, October 4, 2013

People & Places BCN

I am way, way behind on posting about the Urban Sketchers Barcelona Symposium. In a nutshell: fun and energetic group of sketchers, food good, wine also good, sleep (not enough), a full spectrum of architectural styles, weather hot just like home.The cathedral and people shown here are drawn on location with photoshop'd color. The red and purple buildings were done in a workshop with Lynn Chapman. 
The sketch notes were taken during Fred Lynch's entertaining presentation on closing day. I'm not so sure it is a good likeness of him as I wasn't particularly close to where he was standing. But you can catch some of the flavor of his lively talk.
The last drawing I drew the day after the symposium ended. The colorful shop front caught my eye and it was on a quiet corner.  





No comments:

Post a Comment