Monday, July 30, 2012

36th World Wide Sketchcrawl

As in Portland (2010) and Lisbon (2011), the last day of the USK Syposium in Santo Domingo coincided with a World Wide Sketchcrawl.  About 100 urban sketchers, including 5 from Texas, converged on the lively Parque Colon to capture impressions of the place and people.  I completed this sketch of the plaza, which was later bought at the USK silent auction by Shari Blaukopf (the sketch, not the plaza).  Make plans now for next summer's symposium.  Details are yet to be announced, but a memorable time is guaranteed.



3 comments:

  1. Great job, Jim. I hope we will sketch togheter before next symposium

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your looser style on this one. Next year - can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tomas; I hope so too...we just need to make it happen. I have a new grandson in Houston now, so I'm down there quite a bit. Thanks Judith; I like the looser style too...never goin back!

    ReplyDelete