Thursday, July 5, 2012

Back from South America

Patti and I have just returned from our 3-week tour of Brazil and Peru, visiting world class cities, cultural sites and iconic works of landscape architecture.  It was a unforgettable experience; I'll be posting images over the next few weeks.
The Kombi vans, featuring all manner of refreshments, are a ubiquitous site across southeastern Brazil.  I was particularly taken by the happy coconut drinks atop this one.


This was drawn from my hotel window in Petropolis, Brazil, in the mountain highlands north of Rio de Janeiro.
Lively street life near Kennedy Park in Lima, Peru.

4 comments:

  1. Nice sketches James. See you in St.Domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketches. There is so much to admire in the choices you make in line work, colors, and composition. You display a lot of confidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice comment, Jeanne; thank you. Funny, any confidence notwithstanding, I still get uptight starting on a fresh page. Maybe I'll get past that one day. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete