Friday, September 30, 2011

Greetings from San Antonio!

Hi all!  As the San Antonio representative of Urban Sketchers Texas, I thought I'd finally introduce myself.  I was born and raised here in South Texas, but discovered my passion for urban sketching after spending a semester in Italy while attending grad school in Montana.  After returning to Montana and drawing just about everything in the town of Bozeman (not hard to do, believe me) I decided to come back home to a city with a lot more opportunities to sketch.  

I thought I'd start with some sketches I've done recently of the J. Bedell Moore Building while working on a concept for a commission.  The Moore Building is one of my favorites in downtown SA, and it lies on Houston Street, arguably San Antonio's best street for urban sketching.  Ultimately these sketches will be the basis for a woodcut.





I've thoroughly enjoyed the blog posts so far, and look forward to seeing more fantastic urban (and not-so-urban) sketching from every corner of this wonderful state.  Happy sketching!

Paul Heaston

No comments:

Post a Comment