Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Introducing....Lubbock, Texas!

Lubbock, my home town, is located in northwest Texas...350 miles west of Dallas/Ft. Worth...120 mile south of Amarillo.  Our poulation is about 225,000.  We are the home of Texas Tech University, birthplace of Buddy Holly and right smack in the middle of the largest cotton producing region in the world!  We are known for big skies, beautiful sunsets, cold winters, hot summers and spring sandstorms.  Autumns are great!  This is a pen and ink/watercolor sketch of our skyline...If you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by!  I'll buy you cup of coffee.


2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Lubbock! I went to school at Texas Tech but now live in the Midwest so your pictures make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - can I use that picture you made to support bringing hockey back to Lubbock? I would just like to add text over the top of it, or in the corner or something! It is hard to find pretty pictures of LBK.

    ReplyDelete